Saturday, September 30, 2017

STUDENT COUNCIL

Families of Room 31 ~

Friday was an AMAZING day in Room 31.  Fifteen students demonstrated poise and leadership when they took the risk of sharing their desire to run for student council.  The speeches were OUTSTANDING which resulted in a very close election.  In the end, the class did elect Natalie, Haylee and Drew to be our class representatives.  What struck me the most was the "sportsmanship" I listened to unfold before my eyes and ears.  Words such as "Good Luck", "You've got this!", "You can do it!"  "Way to go!" and "Congratulations" where shared within these walls.  There is no greater feelings a teacher can have than to witness this for themselves.    Although it was bittersweet for many, we did talk about the risk taking, the desire for leadership opportunities and the experience they all gained from this experience.      There are MANY future leaders in this classroom  ready to take action!

I want to thank all the students for being brave and writing such thoughtful speeches.  I look forward to finding leadership opportunities for all the students this year.  I send my heartfelt congratulations to Natalie, Haylee and Drew.

No comments:

Post a Comment